Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Hmmmm...

Blogging might be the best way to document my claying projects.  It’s very easy to forget how you accomplished a piece, what colors were used, etc.  I do take a good bit of pics, so I’ll take more, step-by-step, then I’ll be able to look here when I want to repeat the process?

No plans other than this.  Just clay.  Ok, maybe a bit of life stuff, but mostly clay.

It’s late in the day, 2:30, and I haven’t touched clay yet!  Ran this a.m., emergency run to Hobby Lobby for white Kato (they hadn’t restocked since I was last there), hot bath, lunch, FB, and so it goes!  So, a pic just to see if I can still do it, then to work!





Yay!  I did it!  This might just work!  See the tiny slice I’m holding?  Lori Axelrod from my guild (Blue Ridge Polymer Clay Guild) here in Asheville gave me a few slices from some of her canes.  She said she thought Cheryl got this cane somewhere—I’ll ask her Saturday at our monthly meeting.  And I reversed engineered it.  My little “stems” are more golden than hers, which I kinda like, and I nailed the blues, teal, green of the background!!  I’m loving this cane!  Not sure what to do with it.

No comments: